Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's the day we finally get to vote!!!!

Yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG year.

But no matter who you choose or where you live, today is a celebration of one of our great American events: the Presidential Election. Make sure you place your vote as to who should lead our country over the next four years. Of course, if you voted already then you celebrated early (Kind of like opening your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day).

I would tell you that I'm live vote-blogging at my Sagamore Hills Elementary School poling place but, in all honesty and humility to me as an author, that's just not good theater. I expect the experience to resemble peeling paint in terms of the play-by-play. Plus, I don't expect too many irregularities from my particular district.

If I'm involved in or am witness to any curiosities or interesting voting anecdotes, I'll be sure to pass them along to you, my eager readers, so that you may use them as ice-breakers at cocktail parties or pickup lines at your favorite partisan watering hole.

God Bless America!

Update: Nothing to report from my polling place as of 11:30 AM EST. Standard stuff. I was in line for less than 15 minutes and actually spent more time talking with my neighbors than voting.

No comments: