Saturday, October 11, 2008

52" Plasma TVs rock

As I type this post, I'm watching college football on my Samsung 52" plasma screen TV. It's gorgeous. My house feels like a sports bar without the potato skins which, if anyone has a good recipe, I'd be happy to serve. And we have a seemingly unlimited supply of beer to boot if you're interested. For whatever reason, people bring alcohol to my house and most of it remains undrunk. And don't even look at the Johnny Walker Blue in my liquor cabinet. It almost feels like my annual overstock for Mardi Gras.

Anyway, I digress. There's an obvious difference in the plasma TV image quality in general but the improvement over regular or LCD screens may be most apparent while viewing a sporting event. Seriously. The Matrix looks great but can't compare with ESPN HD baseball.

If you have the means, I highly recommend it. Ooooo.

I must admit, as long as I have access to my TV, beer, bathroom, and free parking, I may never physically attend a sporting event again (Sorry Dillberto, I know you have Saints season tickets). And I don't even have to worry about my guests smoking in the john.

Cheers to technology. I'll never leave the house.

No comments: