Friday, June 20, 2008

Radiohead to play my backyard

In a rare and unexpected concert appearance (Even by Radiohead standards), Thom Yorke has confirmed that Radiohead will perform in my backyard. Nice house-warming gift wouldn't you say? He's promised a fullset complete with stage production. I'll lose the grass as I cannot re-sod in our current drought but it's a small price to pay.

I've requested he play OK Computer (More praise) in it's entirety but I might be overstepping my bounds. We're in the final stage of negotiations.

Apparently, the esteemed Mr. Yorke has quite the grapevine as he caught wind of my loud complaints regarding the single Atlanta show this past month (Of which I could not attend). To his credit, he didn't take my comments personally but rather he extended an olive branch and took pity on my sorry ass. I accepted. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil and all I have to do is provide BBQ.

Everyone's invited but it's pot luck so please bring a dish.

No comments: